For residents of British Columbia: As a registered Health Care Professional my service is covered by many Extended Health Care Plans (ask your Extended Health Care provider if Occupational Therapy is covered through your plan). If your child receives Autism Funding, this can be used toward my services as I am registered on the RASP list. My services are also partially covered by At Home Program (AHP) funding. If you don’t have funding and would like to assess whether you would qualify for funding, I am happy to provide you with information and support you in this process.

I offer in-person services in New Westminster, Port Moody, Anmore, Port Coquitlam, Coquitlam, Pitt Meadows and Maple Ridge. If you live outside the area of service, please contact me to explore how I can support you or refer you to other professionals.

Yes, I offer in-person AND virtual appointments. I support families all over the world. I am fluent in German, Spanish and English. Many families opt for a combination of in-person and virtual support. I generally have more availability for virtual parent consultation and support, which families find very helpful if they have questions regarding sleep, behaviour and sensory processing challenges, feeding challenges, toileting and other topics. I also offer workshops for parents that are recorded and are always available on demand.

There are several ways to find out if your child needs Occupational Therapy:

  • Your family doctor or pediatrician may refer you to an OT if your child is not meeting their developmental milestones as an infant or has developmental delays later on in life.
  • Sometimes it is daycare or a teacher who brings up concerns to parents.
  • If you have concerns about your child’s development, I encourage you to discuss this with your family doctor or pediatrician and/or contact your local OT clinic. You can find a list of Occupational Therapists here.

No, your child does not need a formal diagnosis or a doctor’s referral. OTs play an essential role in the assessment process if you suspect your child might have Autism, Cerebral Palsy (CP), Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD), Anxiety, Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD/ADHD), Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) or developmental delays. OTs DO NOT diagnose, but they can perform assessments and help you with the process of getting a diagnosis for your child if needed.

I currently have a waitlist for ongoing in-person OT support. How long it takes for me to see your child regularly depends on many factors, i.e. how flexible you are, what your availability is like (after-school spots are in high demand so wait times are longer for an afternoon spot), where you live and how often you would like me to see your child. Feel free to contact me to find out how I can support you in the meantime.

Book your free 15-minute discover call today

A free conversation to introduce my services, hear your story and discuss support options.